- visiting the Scottish Gallery of Modern Art for the NOW exhibition of contemporary art exploring themes of change, growth and decay including works by French artist Aurélien Froment, sculptor and installation artist Roger Hiorns and Scottish artist Charles Avery
- visiting the Court of Session, Sheriff Court and High Court to see law in action with everything from tax law to assault being heard in court
- a day replicating a United Nations Conference led by a number of lower sixth-form pupils, where groups of pupils debated various topical issues in a UN Conference-style setting
- volunteering at the second birthday party for WithKids’ Calder’s Children’s Zone at Sighthill Primary School
- taking part in a Silver Duke of Edinburgh’s Award expedition.
However, the main focus of the programme was the Youth Philanthropy Initiative, a national programme backed by The Wood Group. Groups of pupils each chose a local charity to support. They visited their charity and delivered presentations to a panel of Fettes’ judges until the finalists were chosen. After much deliberation by the judges it was decided this year’s £3,000 donation should be awarded to Hearts & Minds (Clowndoctors).